Consumer behaviour?

by - September 10, 2016

saschamanagement:

Consumer behaviour… One of my favourite topics to talk about. I work in a shop and every time I finish a shift of working in the store I am amazed by the customers. Why do they buy this product and not the other one? How can we market this product in a way that the customers also want to buy this? It is a difficult subject, believe me, customers are sometimes very difficult to understand. For example, for weeks we had clients asking for a certain product, but we did not have the product. Because of all the demand the purchasing manager went looking for a supplier who could sell us the certain product. As soon as we had the product in the shop, nobody ever asked for it again…

I do not only work in the shop, I also help with the online marketing. We have advertising campaigns on Facebook, for example. I often try to find tips about consumer behaviour, hoping that it will attract more costumers. These are some fun facts I found:
- People prefer shorter line length, 45 to 72 characters per line. This seems very logical to me since I myself really scan-read on the internet, I almost never like very long texts.
- People can only remember 3 - 4 things at a time. If you have more elements, divide them into 3 - 4 element groups. I myself never really thought about this, so this fact was really helpful to me. Of course if you think about it, it is also quite logical. 

“The expert in anything was once a beginner.” (Quote by Helen Hayes)
I may be a beginner in understanding consumer behaviour now, but I would like to become an expert in it in the future. Marketing, economics and psychology are all subjects I really like and I think consumer behaviour is a great mixture of these three. 

Sources: 
http://www.slideshare.net/EwaJaroslawska/20-facts-about-consumer-behavior
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/45337.Helen_Hayes



via Tumblr http://mymarketingfile.com/post/150227065713

You May Also Like

0 comments